|No image yet|
|Hobgoblin, Imp, Gnome, Brownie, Leprechaun, Puck, Nisse, Kobalos|
Kobolds are small humanoids, usually the size of children, who are usually invisible. While their form is humanoid, they often sport extra features such as pig tails or long pointy ears and noses. They can also manifest themselves in the form of fire and candles. Kobolds usually either live in people's homes, in mines or on ships. While they may perform chores or help out at their residence, they are also known to play pranks, and cause mischeif for the humans around them, if they feel insulted or negelcted.
Source[edit | edit source]
Kobolds stem from germanic folklore, dating back to the 13th century.
Media[edit | edit source]
Kobolds appear in the following media:
Games[edit | edit source]
- Heroes of Might and Magic VII
- Legends of an Ancient City
- Kobolds in LOAAC are strange, rat-like goblins that make war machines for the Gornash army. They are the smartest but perhaps strangest of all goblins.
- Kobolds are small rat-like humanoids often found in mines and other underground caverns. They dig for gold, in the underground, using the light from the wax candles they carry on their heads.
- Kobolds are small rat-like humanoids often found in mines and other underground caverns. They cannot see too well in complete darkness, so their most prized posessions are the wax candles they carry on their heads. They are of simple mind and are generally not very couragous. They usually stay underground for fear of larger races. If backed into a corner, or if they feel their candle is threatened, they will however attack with wild abandon.
- The Witcher - Wiedźmin: Gra Wyobraźni PnP RPG
- See also: Goblin. According to the PnP description, these creatures are gnome-sized, savage, mischievous humanoid creatures that live mostly underground. They hate daylight and are active above ground only at night. A single goblin isn't really dangerous, but can be quite a pest. They piss in people's milk, vandalize houses or steal chickens.
Folklore[edit | edit source]
Movies[edit | edit source]
- Pumuckl - (Full title: "Meister Eder und sein Pumuckl")
- A german book/radio play/TV-Series that started in 1962, and was created by Ellis Kaut. The main character is the kobold "Pumuckl", who soon becomes the "puck" of the cabinet-maker Franz Eder, whom has his workshop somewhere in Munich, Germany. The animations were produced by Pannonia-Film/Budapest. The original Pumuckl design was created by Barbara von Johnson.
- 1982: the movie „Meister Eder und sein Pumuckl“ was produced and contained similar scenes as the TV-series.
- 1982–1989: The first TV-series was broadcasted.
- 1994: the movie „Pumuckl und der blaue Klabauter“ followed.
- 1995–2007: the TV-show „Pumuckl TV“
- 1999: the newer TV-Series named „Pumuckls Abenteuer“ was broadcasted
- 2003: TV-Movie „Pumuckl und sein Zirkusabenteuer“