|No image yet|
|Dragon, Cockatrice, Basilisk|
The wyvern is often described as a two-legged dragon, but rarely has the ability to breathe fire, instead utilizing a venomous bite.
Source[edit | edit source]
The wyvern originates from british heraldry, dating back to around 650 AD.
Media[edit | edit source]
Wyverns appear in the following media:
Folklore[edit | edit source]
Games[edit | edit source]
- Gems of War
- Heroes of Might and Magic III
- Heroes of Might and Magic V
- Heroes of Might and Magic VII
- Might & Magic: Duel of Champions
- Might and Magic VII
- The Witcher and The Witcher III - Wild Hunt
- In the Witcher's own folklore, the peasants often mistake the beast for a dragon, although similar in appearance, the Wyvern has a venomous trident in it's long tail. A variation is the Royal wyvern, which is larger in appearance and more dangerous.